NCL ICB is delighted to announce that a number of staff members have completed their Mental Health First Aid training and have agreed to act as Mental Health and Wellbeing Champions for the organisation.
What will the champions do?
The champions have been trained as Mental Health First Aiders to enable supportive discussions regarding individual mental health and wellbeing and to signpost people in the right direction if required. Staff can contact any of our champions to talk about any areas of their wellbeing and mental health. Conversations will be completely confidential. It’s easy for mental health issues to go unnoticed, but our champions have been trained to spot the signs of someone in need of help or support and may also approach colleagues directly. The champions can also offer support to managers who need help regarding a member of their team.
Who are the champions?
- Robyn Sandler (Corporate Affairs Directorate) – email@example.com
- Agnes Rieu (Performance and Transformation Directorate) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitty Grew (Development and Population Health Directorate) – email@example.com
- Shobhna Rokad (Development and Population Health Directorate) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennie De Lord (Quality Directorate) – email@example.com
- Brett Vallance (Corporate Affairs Directorate) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharon de Mello (Finance Directorate) – email@example.com
- Zoe Keddie (Performance and Transformation Directorate) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristina Pedder (Development and Population Health Directorate) – email@example.com
- Zareen Javed (Development and Population Health Directorate) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courine Stewart (Corporate Affairs Directorate) – email@example.com
- Callum Miccoli (Corporate Affairs Directorate) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff can contact any of our champions, irrespective of their directorate, within normal ICB working hours. The champions will get back to you as soon as they can. Find out more
Other resources to support mental health and wellbeing
There are lots of resources available to help people with their mental health and wellbeing including:
- Line manager’s guide to supporting people with mental health issues
- NHS England » Supporting our NHS people
- Wellbeing conversations – some simple tips
The champions have all completed their Mental Health First Aid training. For more information about the training, please visit: MHFA England. If you are interested in becoming a Mental Health and Wellbeing Champion, or if you have any questions, please contact Courine Stewart, OD lead, email@example.com